Music Is Sound Learning! Like author Scott Beall, you can capitalize on your students natural interest in music to deepen their understanding of functions, transformations, and multiple representations of relationships. With the engaging activities in Functional Melodies and the easy-to-use music CD, you will have everything you need to help students connect musical ideas to mathematical concepts. No musical training is necessary, but there is sure to be a performer in your class! The lessons can be grouped as units of study or used individually in your algebra or geometry class. Every lesson features:
- A conceptual warm-up that you can hand out for silent reading or read aloud
- A blackline resource page of facts, instructions, and examples
- Blackline activity masters
- Music CD tracks keyed to the activities In addition, you will find thorough teacher's notes that include:
- The conceptual basis of the activities and ways to incorporate them in your class
- Teaching tips
- Questions and answers
- Discussion points You will find that your mathematics students understand functions, fractions, and ratios better after they have seen and heard these mathematics concepts realized in music. With these lessons, students hear, visualise, perform, think, graph, and write about musical relationships and the mathematics they illustrate. An insightful essay by the author and a chart correlating mathematical topics to music topics precede the activities. Your students will be truly captivated by the sounds and issues of music performance and composition. You will see even your most reluctant students become engaded real boon for the aural learner.
All required fields are marked with a star (*). Click the 'Add To Cart' or 'Add To Wish List' button at the bottom of this form to proceed.